Jody Steinhauer - Out Standing Women
Known as Canada's Queen of Bargains, Jody Steinhauer is the President and Chief Bargain Officer of The Bargains Group. Jody started her company with only a $1,000 investment, and with her innovation and business savvy, grew the business into a multi million dollar corporation. The Bargain Group is Canada's largest discount wholesaler, providing business, retail stores and non-for profit organizations with clothing, promotional items and other products at discounted prices.
Jody has received numerous high profile awards for her leadership and business innovation, and is also recognized for her dedication to humanitarian causes. Jody is the founder and organizer of Project Winter Survival and Project Water, which assist the homeless in Toronto with water and survival kits.
- Leadership, Management
- Motivation, Inspiration
- Entrepreneurs, Networking
- Jody has been recognized as one of the Top 40 Under 40 business people in Canada by Report on Business magazineShe received the Canadian Woman Entrepreneur of the Year Award in the Innovation Category
- Jody was the recipient of the Community Award from the Toronto Board of Trade
- She was awarded the internationally recognized Kauffman Community Award from the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation for her work helping Canada's less fortunate.
- In 2009 Jody received the Humanitarian of the Year Award from the Promotional Product Professionals of Canada